Life is about change. Corporate life is about more change.
The more grounded you are in your ability to navigate change, the more confident you will be.
So, here’s corporate breakup rule #2: Don’t get caught like a deer in the headlights when change—especially unwanted change, like getting laid off—hits.
Be comfortable with change. Expect it. Prepare for it. Keep your network alive and well.
Most people get complacent once they have a job. They stop networking. They think “Why bother?”
Don’t be one of them. Even if it’s just a quick phone call or cup of coffee, keep those relationship lines open and active at all times.
- There is no such thing as job security anymore. Change is now rapid and constant.
- In this world of change, who doesn’t need more friends for support?
- More companies are hiring based on recommendations. (it’s like one big facebook out there!)
- Business development is about relationship building–so start building.
- Ask yourself, “If the unexpected happens, do I really want to look like a deer caught in the headlights?”
So—Prepare for change. Stay connected. And be reciprocal. Networking is always a 2-way street.
How do you handle change? How do you stay connected?