This week’s tips are about keeping your network alive and well so you can navigate career change with skill and confidence.
Remember: Gone are the days when a company takes care of you. Now, it’s you take care of you! And, networking is a big part of that.
- If you’re nervous networking, act like a host. Make others feel comfortable, and then you’ll feel comfortable.
- Stop clinging to the security of your friends at networking events. The idea is to make new friends!
- Things change quickly, so keep your network alive & well. Don’t be caught like a deer in the headlights when you experience a setback.
- Many people stop networking once they have a job. Don’t be one of them.
- Building strong relationships is key to building your business and your career. So, start building!
Copyright 2014 Michelle Kerrigan